“The mission of the Foundation is to build bridges between the Lexington Police Department and its community and to support the morale and promote the welfare of officers and their families.”
Lexington Police Department Foundation Purpose
To act as a tax-exempt [501(c) (3)] recipient of charitable donations for the benefit of the City of Lexington, Virginia Police Department (the Department);
To provide resources to the Department, including seed money for non-lethal equipment and in-kind services, to encourage the development of innovative programs and projects, as determined by the Department;
To recognize Department members and citizens of the City of Lexington, Virginia by rewarding and promoting outstanding performances throughout the Department and community;
To provide assistance and support to those serving as police officers in the City of Lexington, Virginia by increasing the public awareness of the Department’s efforts; and,
To pursue independent research, the goal of which is to assist and improve the Department, in coordination with the City of Lexington government.
• Flood relief to one of the Lexington Police officers
• Clean-up of the LPD firing range and construction of a training facility
• Purchase of an armored tactical vest
• Tuition assistance for officers earning an undergraduate degree and a Master’s in Police Science
• Financed the design and production of new police department badges
• Conducted a major community event discussing such topics as Missing & Exploited Children, Innovations in Policing, and Crime Prevention
• Funding for awards recognition program
• Develop a Police Cadet Training Program
• Continuing education support
• Community awareness and support programs
Lexington Police Department
Lieutenant M.R. Frost
Patrol Division Commander
Samuel Roman Jr.
Lexington Police Department Foundation, Inc.
© Copyright 2019 Lexington Police Foundation
PO Box 808, Lexington, Virginia 24450